My promise to you – Dr. Joe Harris / Grant County Washington
As Sheriff, my Office will adopt and execute policies and procedures consistent with the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of Washington State. These policies and procedures apply to the Sheriff, all Deputy Sheriffs, all employees of the Office of Sheriff and anyone acting under the authority of the Office of Sheriff and include, but are not limited to the following:
1. This Office will not in any way assist in the enforcement of any order, edict, mandate, proclamation, directive, regulation, etc., that violates the rights of the people to:
a. Move about freely
b. Wear, or not wear, any medical device they may choose
c. Freely express their religious beliefs, and freely engage in the practice thereof, whatever they may be
d. Freely speak their opinions, even if we do not agree
e. Peaceably assemble
f. Keep and bear arms
g. Lawfully engage in business activities without interference by representatives of any government, or agency or agent thereof, notwithstanding any real or ostensible public health emergency
h. Engage in any other activity protected by the Constitution of the United States or by the Constitution of this State.
2. This Office will not assist in the enforcement of any civil action or any criminal charge against any person for trespass which is based on that person’s failure to comply with unconstitutional mandates or orders.
3. This Office will arrest, detain, and recommend prosecution of any government official, or agent thereof, who knowingly and deliberately violates the rights of the people under the pretended authority of an unconstitutional order, edict, mandate, proclamation, directive or regulation.
4. This Office will arrest, detain, and recommend prosecution of any government official, or agent thereof, who uses his or her position or office to influence any private (non-governmental) person or corporation to act in such a way as to coerce any person or entity to comply with unconstitutional orders, edicts, mandates, proclamations, directives or regulations.
5. This Office will arrest, detain, and recommend for prosecution any government official, or agent thereof, who knowingly and deliberately violates any law against the public trust or engages in criminal and corrupt practices.
6. The Bill of Rights will be strictly enforced within the jurisdictional boundaries of this County. The people of this County are entitled to the protection of their God-given and constitutionally protected rights. As the elected chief law enforcement official of this jurisdiction, it is the responsibility, duty and privilege of the Sheriff to do everything in his or her lawful power to protect, defend and secure these rights.